Thursday, September 28, 2006

Short, but not sweet

This is a letter written by Dave Perkins from Enfield, CT. We appreciate the support so much and would love to have other Connecticut voters hear his opinion.


I'll keep this short, but NOT sweet. The lack of endorsements, resources and financial suport for the duly-nominated Republican candidate for senator in CT, from the President right on down to the state levels, is a total embarrassment and insult to loyal republicans in this state, as well as a slap to the candidate. Alan Schlesinger has served his constituents and represented our Party with integrity, devotion and honor and has earned and can expect our support. Further, to have the GOP overtly or covertly support the DEMOCRATIC Senator Lieberman, using ANY Republican resources is dishonest to those of us who expect our contributions of money or time to be used for REPUBLICAN candidates.

As far as myself this election cycle, I'll be sitting on the sidelines (with my votes secure in my pocket AND urging other voters to do the same) until I hear a clear and decisive endorsement of my REPUBLICAN senatorial candidate from the President and the Party. If necessary, I'll be casting just 1 vote this November. Governor Rell, Representative Simmons, and any other republican candidates perhaps can make up my vote from Lieberman supporters (you think?). Unfortunately, for me and other honest devoted republicans, we'll still have to live with the results your efforts and lack there-of will bring.

IF YOU WANT AN INDEPENDANT SENATOR LIEBERMAN, FINE. JOIN HIS PARTY AND LEAVE OURS ALONE FOR REAL REPUBLICANS!

Sincerely,
Dave Parkins
Enfield, CT



Thanks! - Elissa V. : )

3 Comments:

Blogger Lou Murray said...

This is why I support specific candidates like Alan. We have the most straight up honest candidate we have had in a long time. The lack of support from some Connecticut Republicans is disgraceful. I, for one, will have a hard time not gloating when Alan gets elected. After that, I have a few things to say about a few of my fellow Republicans who forgot what being a conservative is all about.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Mark Holden said...

This is a bad idea.

Not voting for Republican house candidates because they're not supporting one of their own will hurt us, and the nation because it will help the liberals get control of congress.

Alan is doing great in the debates - but he needs to pull support from Lamont as well as Lieberman to win.

Move 6% from Lamont to Alan, and Lieberman will sink in the polls because half his support is people who don't like him, but they'll vote for him if that's what it takes to stop Lamont from winning.

Alans idea to have Social Security funds invested in mortgages is brilliant, and I think it might help him pull votes from reasonable Democrats.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Micky said...

I wish you well Alan you just might pull it off...

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home